Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Too Busy

Is it me or does it seem like everyone is busier than ever? Can’t talk now, I have to be here or don’t bother me because I am supposed to be there. I have places to go and people to see and things to do. Doesn’t that sound familiar? If you are not saying these things, then you know someone who is.

Like most of you, I have a full plate. Between running several businesses, writing and publishing my books, serving on various committees and various other activities; I can always find something to do. But one of the most incorrect assumption can make about me is that I am too busy to start and maintain a romantic relationship. That is just plain wrong!

For me, the opportunity to build a healthy and life-affirming connection with a woman who is a good match for me is something I will always make time for. I cannot imagine ever being too busy to enjoy a blessing that God is trying to send my way. A good woman is worth the time to get to know and no committee or business or anything is going to keep me from her.

What about you? Do you use your busy schedule as an excuse for not starting or maintaining new relationships? Let me offer some friendly advice. Stop that? Make time for someone special in your life. He or she will be worth it. If a long-term romantic relationship is what you want, don’t blow it by claiming that you have so many things to do. Keep up your volunteer efforts, stay in school, remain a diligent employee or put your creative energies to good use in your new business or continue singing in the choir. Whatever you are doing, keep doing but don’t let them prevent you from finding true love.

When all is said and done, a successful business or college degree or a hefty bank account pale in comparison to the sense of fulfillment you will experience in a romantic relationship that God has blessed you with. Be honest. What compares with the joy of anticipating that first kiss or spending romantic moments or late night walks and talks or the sharing of dreams with the one you love? I refuse to let my full schedule keep me from experiencing these things. What about you?

Tomorrow’s Post: Too Lazy

No comments: