Sunday, May 25, 2008

Do Not Give Up On Love

You are sick and tired of being sick and tired. It seems like every time you open up your heart to someone, they take that as an invitation to stomp on your feelings. Against your own advice, you have given love multiple chances, but so far, all you have received for your trouble is nothing but heartache. you

And then here I come bopping along telling you to not give up on love. Have I lost my ever loving mind? Do I see "sucker" or "fool for love" written on your forehead?

For those of you reading this blog; I want you to experience a sense of joy and fulfillment. Without love, your chance of achieving these two positive emotional states will be difficult to attain. So, here is my "argument" for why you should not give up on love.

  • Love is the “juice” that God CHOSE to use as the basis of His interaction with us. The key here is the word “chose”. God did not have to love us, but He did anyway.
  • It is God’s love for us that keeps Him from giving us what we deserve. Let’s face it, we have given God enough opportunities for Him to say, “That’s it. He or she is not going to get this right. Off with their heads!!
  • God wants, actually commands us to CHOOSE to love each other. We go against His will when we choose to dominate, manipulate, coerce, abuse or humiliate those with whom we are interacting. (This includes those we feel “deserve” to be unloved, including our enemies.)
  • The highest expression of love is between a man and a woman partly because they CHOOSE to love each other. This act of CHOOSING to love each other sows the seeds of physical, emotional and spiritual intimacy that should also result in spiritual growth.
  • We were made to give and receive (romantic) love and most of us feel empty or sad or restless or antsy at times when we go extended periods of time without it.
There are probably additional "arguments" I can make, but I should not have to work that hard to convince Christian singles that love is worth the trouble that often accompanies it. Yes, I know you are tired of being played like a piano in the name of love. I feel you when you say that you have cried your last tear. But to give up on love is to throw away your trust in God that He can and will give you the desires of your heart. Is God able to keep you from falling out of and away from the possibility of love? For true that!! For the blessings that God has in store for you and for those He is calling you to be a blessing, keep your faith in Him and whatever else you do: DON'T GIVE UP ON LOVE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Writer,

Pardon me for being rude but "play another tune", I am tired of hearing this one.

I have no problem with that "Godly love" you know the kind where God looks on your heart...that love I am ok with. I pray for the good of all mankind.

I think sometimes you just have to move on and accept things as they are and if that means giving up on "LOVE" then so be it.

I am too old to keep wondering why not me? Wondering if he wanted someone younger, taller, shorter, skinner or someone without gray hair or someone of lighter skin tone---I have finally finish wondering and have accepted maybe this season has passed for me. God made me and he made no mistakes and if man never picks me to love God has already chosen me from the beginning....

He loves me inspite of my faults or how I look, and does not look on my shortcomings and right now that has to be enough.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Morgan how do u do? nice to see u here and read your lovely article..it's really work for people like me who always thinking about my single life or in indonesia language called

"JOMBLO"
Take care n GBU