Thursday, October 12, 2006

That's My Final (and Short) Answer

The more research I do for the books I write, the more I am convinced that there is a short answer for all of the problems we face. That should be good news to many of you who are looking for "short answers" to their challenges.

Godly love, people, that's my final (short) answer!

Godly love is not always the obvious answer to the questions or problems many Christian singles face:
  • How can I live a celibate life in the face of so much sexual temptation?
  • How can I keep from going off on my romantic partner who seems committed to breaking my heart?
  • What do I do when I feel so lonely and isolated?
  • Why can't I find someone special to love and eventually marry?
  • Why do I always make bad choices when it comes to romance?

These and other questions beg practical answers or we may just lose our minds. What in the world does Godly love have to do them? Trust me, follow this pattern and allow God's love to work:

  1. Love God with all of your heart, mind and soul.
  2. Love yourself as God would have you to love yourself.
  3. Love others as God would have you to love them.

That's it! What else are you looking for? If you want to find real practical answers to the challenges in your life, get out there and start putting into practice God's short and final answer.

No comments: