Monday, October 02, 2006

You Can't Tell?

"May the life I live speak for me...."

I wonder how many of us Christian singles can accept the challenge implied in the above words to a song?

As we go about our business of living and breathing and relating, how different is our "living" from non-Christian singles?
  • Are we engaging in sexually immoral activities as much as non-Christians and with as much defiance?
  • Do we show a markedly higher level of GENUINE concern when people we know about and care for are suffering?
  • Are we just as likely to "lay our religion down" and cut someone or cuss them out as people who have not claimed Jesus as their Lord and Savior?
  • Do we abuse our bodies (aka our temples) through poor eating habits, lack of exercise and risky behaviors as much as others?

When you look at me and you observe my behavior and the quality of my relationships, do you have difficulty noticing how different I am from "the people of the world"? I take it as a personal challenge to be more like Christ in my singleness and less like those persons who have yet to accept Jesus as the head of their lives. My prayer is that you will step up and answer this challenge as well.

Yes, I am a saved Christian single. You don't have to ask it and I shouldn't have to say it with the words from my mouth. Look at my actions and decide from that if you can tell.

No comments: