Monday, December 11, 2006

Do More!

The holiday season and the end of the year is a time of reflection for me. As I think about how things are going in my life, I must confess that there is always more I could have done. I could have called more, emailed more, prayed more, smiled more, helped others out more, etc. In short, I understand that I could have done more and I could have been more.

In my relationships with family members, friends, co-workers and others, it is always easy for me to see what more others could have done. But, I am not responsible for what others do or do not do. Besides, making sure I do the right things for the right reasons is a big enoug task to keep me busy. Whether you want to admit it or not, you too must admit to being more willing to place blame on others than accept responsibility for your behavior. All of us are guilty of not being all that God wants us to be.

During this time and throughout the upcoming new year, let's resolve to DO MORE. We Christian singles should focus less on what we think others should be doing and pay more attention to what we can do. Don't wait for someone to call, you call them. Stop waiting for that email, you get the ball rolling in cyberspace. Don't delay greeting others, be the first to say hello. Don't just return others' kindness, initiate it. Lastly, don't settle for an eye for an eye mentality. Be nice, be graceful, be loving even when others are not that way with you.

I sincerely hope that Christian singles everywhere will personally commit themselves to DO MORE.

No comments: