Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Least You Can Allow Me to Do for You

In my last post, the notion of how we try to get away with doing the least was discussed. One thing many of us will not admit to is how we lower our expectations so that we stand less of a chance of being disappointed. Christian singles appear to be experts in that area!

  • We fool ourselves into thinking that we can do bad all by ourselves when deep down inside we intensely desire to find a mate
  • We don’t put that application in for school because we do not feel ready to take on that challenge
  • We spend money unwisely so we do not have to face up to the responsibility of being faithful stewards of what God has given us
  • When someone we are attracted to does not return that affection, we try to convince ourselves that we do not care
  • We play hard to get and we play games instead of being honest and clear when faced with the prospect of starting a new romantic relationship
  • And the list goes on

God has not called us to live a life of fear! He is not looking for spiritual wimps who hide behind “Jive Talking Spirituality”; rather, He expects us to BOLDLY reach for all of the blessings He has for us. Reaching for Godly blessings is achieved partly by allowing others to help us. But because of our low self-esteem, we hope that people will ONLY do the least so that we will not have to step out of our comfort zone.

We should pray for each other and as stated before, that is the least we should do. As the object of my prayers, I encourage you to not sell yourself and the blessings God has for you short by only asking for my prayers. Position yourself to reap ALL of the goodness and favor that God has for you. God puts us in each others’ lives to help and support and uplift. I believe He is offended when we do not allow others to help us to the fullest extent. Now, you don’t want to offend God, do you? Then do not settle for just my prayers. God has much more in store for you than what your fears and/or low self-esteem will try to limit.

So, what is the least you can allow me to do for you? Be open to how God can use me to help you. Yes, He hears my prayers on your behalf, but He is also giving instructions and capabilities to help after the praying has stopped. We say God’s storehouse is full of abundance and blessings; then why would we settle for less than what He has to offer? As Christian singles let’s heed the Divine call to help more, love more, support more, uplift more AND accept more of what God wants to give, even when it comes in the form of aid that He has inspired others to provide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, Mr. Morgan,

This is for your eyes only!!!

I do not trust you to do any thing but pray based on past experiences that I know you will do, which I accept by the way.

What happens when others have accepted your extended hand of God but you feel you need to take a hiatus? What if we open that door and open our heart to allow Kevin in rather it is a coach, a prayer warrior, a friend, a mate or simply ask you to stand in the gap? Kevin as private as you are you still must be accountable not only to God but those who allow you in…As a single Christians you must be trust worthy and dependable; I must be able to trust you with my heart even as a friend, mentor, etc.

I believe that each and every individual which lives in your area you will commit to help and support but I really don’t feel you will keep your commitment to those of us who are distant; or may cost you a little more than you are willing to give, that human side of you may pull the “disappearing act” again.
It is not my desire to live a life alone but, right now it is the best I can do…and I believe
God is my source; he will provide those individuals in my life to love and support me without any judgment…in other if I sound bitter I may be so just pray for me, Kevin.

Please do not think ill of me BUT you’re absent really hit me “WRONG” it made me feel as though I was not good enough, educated enough or not enough of something; or perhaps I said or did something to offend you and so you just threw me away…I realize these were my problems and insecurities which I will not allow that to happen again, call it “jive talking spirituality” or whatever…so be it.

Wow, so much has happen due to this disappointment but who can one really blame but one self for trusting everyone to be where you are in your commitment to God…certainly you deserve a hiatus but you did not think enough of most of us to tell us but you have the nerve to blog, “I am back, did you miss me and I want to help”...come on what is this really all about?

Thank you for allowing me to vent and keep in mind others are offering to help such as Creflo Dollar, Joyce Myers, T.D. Jakes and the list goes on, through their books and TV ministries, what makes your offer so different?..The favor of God is upon them a well and so now “I AM FINISH”!

Be angry but sin not…