Sunday, June 17, 2007

Let Me Help

Hey, I'm back! Did you even notice that I was gone?

As the first blog after my hiatus, I want to revisit a thought I had toward the beginning of this year. God has been good to me and I believe part of the reason He has been good to me is so that I can be good to others. In other words, He wants me to take the blessings He has granted me and turn them into blessings for others. So, please take the time to read my post from last year. (The link is below.)

There are things you want to do this year. Can I help? Is there anybody out there who is trying to start a new business? What about wanting to lose weight? Or maybe you are trying to further your academic pursuits? Ever thought about publishing that book or producing a music cd? Maybe you want to pledge a fraternity or sorority. Whatever your dream, let's make it come true this year.

If you choose to respond to this particular post, don't make it about me. It is not important that I am willing to help. What is important is that you are willing to allow me to help. So instead of commenting on my offer of support; tell me about something you want to achieve and how I can help you. Deal?

I look forward to getting out there and helping somebody!

http://mooskm.blogspot.com/2006/12/my-new-years-resolution.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I notice your absence and I am very glad the blog is back!

Kevin,

I returned back to school in hopes of completed my BS in technology by 2007 and then to my masters in technology, well for health reason I was detained now it seem as though I am loosing hope and my educational dreams seem so far away along with my desire to start my own consulting firm...I am not really sure how you could help but I certainly desire your prayers and support...

Thanks

Kevin Morgan said...

I want to do more than just pray for you. In our relationships with each other, prayer is the LEAST of what we should do. There is a time to pray and when that time is over, it is then time to do something. As you determine where you are with the attainment of your dreams, what I can DO for you will become more apparent. I encourage you to assess what stage you are in and when you are done, we can decide how I can help.

Kevin Morgan said...

One person left this comment:

Hello Kevin,

Achieving goals definitely works best when you have a partner to support you along the way. Ironically just before reading this invitation I was speaking with a class mate in a doctoral program about how we can support each other in getting our dissertations completed. We both agreed that if we are not specific with dates and times we will never move forward. We also agreed that we need others -- be they mentors or coaches to challenge us to do something each day towards our goals. We set Sunday afternoons as a target timeframe for the next two weeks and we will adjust as needed.

So if you can be a part of the team that helps me stay focused and on track to complete this work -- first step my research proposal, than I'll take all the help I can get!

By the way -- Happy Father's Day!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you can help other than PRAY; how can you help someone if you went on hiatus, what if someone needed you to help them while you were offline

Anonymous said...

Hello Kevin,

I posted my dream on June 17, 2007 which I was so honor to share with you and other readers…you stated you wanted to do more than “just pray”…Prayers are very powerful, and can take a dream and the person to another level… Prayer is what I would like and trust you to do…it is not easy to continue to pray for the good of some else, it requires one to spend time with God, along with having the person on your mind and in your heart therefore I truly desire only your prayers toward my dream...

My Dream, your prayers…that is pretty powerful!