Sunday, June 24, 2007

Spiritual Jive Talkers Club!

Which is a more spiritual concept; Focusing on what I can do for you or focusing on what you can do for me?

Unfortunately, many Christian singles talk a good game about being spiritual, but they are just “jive talking”. If you spend more time thinking about what people can do for you than you do thinking about what (good things) you can do for them, then let me be the first to welcome you to the “Spiritual Jive Talkers” Club!!

God wants to use us to bless others. But how many times do we tell God: “Forget about blessing others and just bless me”? If that is your stance, then you are just wasting your breath. Always remember that God is going to bless when and how and who He wants. If He chooses to use us to share His favor with others, then we should be thankful. The Supreme Creator of everything wants to use you? That’s great!! Why would you not want the opportunity to be used to further God’s plan of blessing others?

Spiritual Jive Talkers tend to take the short-term view when it comes to being blessed. Instead of recognizing the long-term benefits of being part of God’s blessing distribution system, they drag their feet and complain about how they perceive that God is blessing everyone but them. What are they worried about? God has more than enough blessings to go around.

When God uses you to bless others; He stores up blessings that are specifically designated for you. No, He didn’t forget that you want to be married someday or that you want to go back to school or that you want to be healed of that illness. Whatever blessings you are seeking, the more you allow Him to use you to bless others, the more likely that you will receive the very things you are waiting for. The great thing about that is that if you are faithful in letting God lead you to serve others, you don’t have to tap Him on the shoulder and say, “Lord, what about me?” He has already determined the how and the when of your blessings.

God notices YOU and YOUR NEEDS when you focus on helping others. So, renounce your membership in the Spiritual Jive Talkers Club and position yourself to be blessed by deliverer of God's goodies to others.


Tomorrow’s Post: The Least I Can Do For You

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, very interesting revelation…as a child of God I accept that this journey is not about me and any thing and everything God does it is for my good. Rather He does it for me, someone else or through me it is enough or more than I deserve…I cannot say that I don’t have those petty parties and the issues of life but then God allows me to look back and I remember when…and at this point I rechannel my energy and focus back on God and His Kingdom…I must be about my father business at all times and as for me, I was never created to just be married, or just go to school; I was created to worship Him...And all those other things are “icing on the cake” or in addition too and rather we want to face it or not, all this other stuff is temporary we must focus on that which is eternal.

If we truly believe God is my all and all and He is indeed in control then we will look for ways and opportunities to be a good steward for Christ…We will serve Him in every way possible.

Wow!, thanks you for I realize more than ever I must work out my own soul salvation and it must be an enabler for others to see Jesus…