Monday, November 06, 2006

It's Not That Serious!

I am a big football fan. I look forward to Sunday afternoons when I can enjoy a full day of professional football and a plate full of pancakes. That is a "tradition" that I have been following for over 20 years.

Does this mean that I am not available as a friend on Sunday afternoons? Certainly not! While I treasure being able to watch a good grid iron contest (or sometimes it is the television that ends up watching me), I care for you enough as my friend to be there for you when you need me. Even if it is during one of my prized lazy Sunday football afternoons. I am a definitely a fan, but it is not that serious!

It is my prayer that we all will be willing to "sacrifice" some of our much anticipated pleasures to talk with and/or help out others. Football is just a game, but whatever challenges you may be facing on Sunday afternoon, now that is some serious stuff!

No comments: