Monday, January 29, 2007

But I

Sometimes it is hard for me to accept, but I cannot MAKE you do anything. You have your desires; fears, hopes and dreams that influence your thoughts and behaviors just like me. Consequently, we will not always see eye to eye:

  • You may not want to be my romantic partner, BUT I can still love you as God has called me to do
  • You may not care to be my friend, BUT I still should treat you kindly
  • You may not agree with my opinions, BUT I still should respect yours
  • You may not think highly of me, BUT I still should value your God-given qualities
  • You may want more from me than I have to give, BUT I still should help you in anyway I can

My prayer is that whatever those things are that keep us from growing closer together will not become so big that they block our views of God. I don’t know what you came to do, BUT I will continue searching for His will and I will do what I can to bring you along.

Tomorrow’s post: Came To…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Writer,

I see your examples of Buts; but it is hard to "love someone that has rejected you" but I know I have to. It is even harder to treat someone kindly that does not care to be your friend but I know I have to anyway...I know as a Christian I must love and forgive and if I want to grow I must learn to love and treat people like God treats me; for he does not treat us as our sin deserve...Many of us struggle with something and I struggle with forgiveness of myself, I need to get these shackles off my feet, I need to be released so I may be all He intends for me to be…As I grow up and mature in Christ please continue to pray my strength in Him.