Monday, January 29, 2007

I Don't Know What You Came To Do

Whether we admit it or not, we all have our agendas. In our respective little worlds, things would be great if everyone would just go along with OUR PROGRAMS.

  • That person you would love to date; why doesn’t he or she just cooperate?
  • Your co-worker or your boss; why can’t they just get along?
  • Your platonic friend who always has to have the last word; why doesn’t he or she just keep quiet?
  • That person who played you like a piano and broke your heart; when will they get what they deserve?

Once, just once, we would like to have things our way. Is that asking too much?

Some single Christians are serious about their relationship with God and others are just playing the role. But who among us can tell who is for real and who is not? I know that I don’t always guess right. Those I thought were true to the cause, pulled a fast one over on me. And those I judged as a faker, turned out to be more serious than I previously thought.

I don’t know what you came to do; that is between you and God. If you are anything like me, you need someone to mention your name in prayer. I am not where I should be, but thank God I am not where I used to be. Obviously, somebody prayed for me! That is what I am going to do for you.

I pray that God’s purpose for you will reign supreme in your life and those agendas and secret motivations you cling to that keeps you from a life of true blessed singleness will eventually pass away. Please someone, do the same for me!

Tomorrow’s post: But I…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Writer,
I am not sure anyone would admit they don’t have an agenda of their own and everyone wants a “Burger King Day” every once in while; I know I would like to have it “my way” every now and then.
I simply want to know if there is a difference in an agenda and an expectation…and of course I will use dating as the “agenda or expectation” item….
I desire to have certain people in my life but I am not sure it is a date that I am looking for…because most people can simply find a “date”. I am confused about this term call “date”; when you get a moment explains to me exactly how this relates to me as a Single Christian.
WOW! I never knew people looked at relationships as agendas….
I asked one of my Christian co-workers, male of course what “dating” meant to him and he said “we were just kicking it, hanging out”…and then I ask what is the alternative to dating which he stated, “seeing someone to actually try to get to know the person, find out their likes and dislikes; dreams and desires; to find out if I want to spend time with the person”. He said, “I have dated all types of women, most of them I had no intention of really being serious with”…so I thought about it and the alternative to date is courtship…I also find out I have very little experience at “dating or kicking it”.
My bible tells me not to waste time being idle for time is precious …the way the term dating is used these days seem so temporary, false and does not have an hidden agenda…I am so thankful for this posting…I have never thought pass simply wanting to get to know someone…
To have expectations, is that the same as an agenda? The desire for peace, respect and love; are all these considered “agendas”? I guess I need to be careful of my actions. As a Christian, my purpose in life should be to seek and serve God, and fulfill my destiny in him. I need to find out what God’s plan for relationships is and then follow it.
After reading this one, I had no choice but to look at my life and wonder if my actions in the past couple weeks would cause someone to judge me as not being serious about seeking God. I would like to ask that person forgiveness if it appeared I had a hidden agenda or program which I wanted them to follow...Mr. Writer your prayers for me are much appreciated and needed…pray that I will keep my eyes on the prize….

M