Friday, July 20, 2007

I Want US To Walk With Jesus

What is the quality of ALL of our relationships? How do we get along with our siblings, our co-workers, our prospective romantic mates, our platonic friends and our associates? I suspect that most of us desire better interactions than what we currently enjoy. Often we do focus on the quality of our romantic relationships, but it seems like ALL of our relationships fall short of our expectations.

Would ALL of our relationships be better if we allowed Jesus to walk with US?

At first the answer to that question may seem obvious, but what if we go deeper than being spiritually politically correct? We often throw around words like “contentment” and “satisfaction”, but I would suggest that the true emotion we are feeling is more akin to frustration. Perhaps we say we are content in our singleness because we are tired of being disappointed in not having found true love. Perhaps we claim that we are satisfied in our current situation because we are afraid of wanting more and better.

Would walking with Jesus help us NOT to connect our level of “contentment” and “satisfaction” to our singleness?

Some may say it is just word games, but I suggest that we should be happy (a form of contentment and satisfaction) just because. Not because we have found true love or not because we have found a way to accept being without a mate. Simply put, we should feel positive and uplifting emotions because Jesus is walking with US.
(Stop! There are no buts or ifs; our level of contentment and satisfaction is not dependent upon the way we evaluate our romantic life! The “I AM” nature of God should be the source of our joy.)

When Jesus walks with US and not just individuals; our connection to Him helps elevate our connections to each other. In that sense, we should get along better with our siblings, our co-workers, our prospective mates, our platonic friends and our associates. As Christian singles, let’s live so that we introduce Jesus to others. (See “Introducing Jesus
http://mooskm.blogspot.com/2006/12/introducing-jesus.html) Even when others have not accepted Him as their personal savior, we can help take off some of the edges of their personalities which will increase the likelihood for better relationships. By adopting a spirit of Jesus walking with US, we position ourselves to truly experience “contentment” and “satisfaction”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JESUS! This post certainly is being guided and orchestrated by the Lord. I simply love it when Single Christians connect and actually help one another through a few encouraging words without ever being present…

I find it interesting how the world just steals our stuff and uses it to sell their products, and the Lord uses it all for his good. Wow, the Lord just sets up simple situations to just bless us. This morning after taking a long walk, I decided to go by the grocery store, I was actually talking to the Lord and picked up a box of Frosted Cheerios and written on that box was “Catch the Goodness of Frosted Cheerios”…it is so amazing as I was thinking on the Goodness of the Lord and how I need to include Him in all that I do, nothing in my life should be off limits to God, and this came to mind “Taste and see that the LORD is good”...and with that said I connected and received your word in the spirit before physically reading it …This is just awesome the way the Lord sets us up and preps our hearts to receive help in those much needed areas such as “the lonely and clumsy moments of our single years”, Thank you for the confirmation on how I am to walk with Jesus and allow him to use all of me for His good.

Thank you for the check-up… I am striving to walk with Jesus while finding joy and happiness in ALL things in my life including ALL relationships, and ALL seasons as well…

As a side note, I am trying to find another word for “singleness” because I think that word is so overrated and gets way too much attention at times…but I am sure you would not agree.