Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Is This A Date?

Your response of “yes” to my suggestion that we go out has now left me with something else to ponder. I cannot help but wonder if I you are as unclear as I am about what our excursion means. It is so ironic that we both serve a God that knows everything, but yet you and I know so little. Are we afraid that our appointment is not just an outing, but also an opportunity? Fear of your answer keeps me from asking the obvious question that common sense is begging me to pose. Maybe you can see its shadow betraying my façade of self-confidence. Or perhaps you can hear a whisper of doubt causing a slight crack in my voice. Now that I think of it, you seem like there is something you want to ask me.

Now this is a crying shame that two grown folks like you and I cannot find the courage to ask such a question as, “Is this a date?”

No comments: