Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Prayer For YOU

This post is for you. Yes you! If you and I have ever spoken, then it is a good chance that I have prayed for you by name. And the more I know about your situation, the more likely it is that your name was lifted up to our Heavenly Father. Isn't that what Christian singles should do for each other?

In most cases, I believe it is best to just pray for someone without running and telling them what I am doing. Most of the time, I do not see any value in saying to someone, "Hey, I prayed for you." To me, it is enough that I prayed for you and I leave it to God to tell you what He wants you to know.

Don't worry, when I prayed for you, I did not get into any specifics. The request I made to God was that His plans and desires for you will be fulfilled in your life. If I tried to get any more specific than that, I may ask for something on your behalf that you really do not need nor want. I believe the act of raising your name to God is enough to bring His favor on you. Also, I do not want God to grant you what I want for you (which might be misguided), but what He wants for you (which always is the right thing for you.)

No comments: