Wednesday, September 06, 2006

You First, Me Second

I make it a habit of praying for others before I pray for myself. For me, I trust that God will provide for my needs, particularly if I am concentrating on praying for others. Beside, as I am praying for you by name, I hope that you are doing the same for me. Once I have finished bringing your concerns to our Heaven Father, I try to slip in a few of my own requests.

But for the most part, my prayer is more about you then it is about me.Be comforted to know that someone is out there lifting your name before the God of all creation and the provider of all good things. Be encouraged to know that your situation was not just mixed in among a multitude of my personal requests. Take joy in knowing that when I prayed for you, it was you first, me second.

No comments: