Thursday, September 21, 2006

Technology And The Search For Love

In 2003, at least half of all singles in the U.S. visited an online dating site, spending over $300 million in the quest for love. (“For 5000 Singles, eHarmony Was The First Step Down The Aisle; Poll Revelas That 88% of Users Are Looking For Life Long Mate.” Business Wire, March 8, 2004)

Okay, I admit it; I have been tempted to try online dating services. But with my lack of success in the old fashioned way of dating and I am not alone in my unsuccessful dating experience, what does that say about the times we live in? We have so many more ways to connect with each other (phone, internet, cell phones, two-ways, text messaging, etc.), yet we seem to be less in touch. Is technology the answer?

Should Christian singles jump on the technology bandwagon?

No comments: