Thursday, November 01, 2007

Just One Of Those Days

Today was an interesting day. I woke up feeling somewhat melancholy for no particular reason. As I was preparing for church, I played a mixed cd by Ben Tankard. He is a gospel musician who plays the piano and his songs tend to be very melodious which some people may call “thinking music”. That is, music that inspires moments of reflection and deep thoughts. So, needless to say, the Ben Tankard cd did not help alleviate my feelings of pensiveness.

On that cd, there is a song called, “Jesus Knows”. The chorus is “Don’t worry because Jesus knows”. How comforting a notion! Whatever it is that we are going through, He knows. We may not have a clue as to get out of the mess we have put ourselves in, but He knows. There may be someone in our lives who may bring challenges that we cannot handle. But Jesus knows. Every once in awhile, that is all we have. Our mental capacities and our skill levels are not enough to solve the dilemma we are facing. Others in our lives either are not aware of our problems or they don’t have a solution to them. When I say ALL we have at times is the notion that Jesus knows; I mean there is no where or nobody else to turn to. If Jesus can’t fix it, then it won’t be fixed.

But, I don’t think my melancholy mood is because of some problems in my life that are stressing me out. But something about the fact that even though I don’t know the cause of my mood; believing that Jesus knows is a source of comfort. So having “one of those” days” where I can’t figure out why I feel the way I do; I have to hold on to the one fact I should never forget. Jesus knows!

This day is almost over and I still feel the same way I felt when I woke up. Maybe tomorrow will be a day of unrestrained joy. Maybe not. I certainly don’t know the answer to that question. It could be that tomorrow could be just another one of those days. But praise God for the fact that I can rest assured that He knows!

No comments: