Sunday, November 11, 2007

When Does Desperate Housewives Come On?

Please excuse this interruption in the series “God in Her Eyes”. We will continue with this series with tomorrow’s post.

Why are you reading this blog? Don’t look around, I am talking to you!!

When I write my postings, I do so for one very simple, but hopefully profound reason; To help us all grow spiritually as Christian singles. Why should you read this blog?
To help us all grow spiritually as Christian singles!!

How can you help other Christian singles grow? Believe it or not, only reading this blog is not the answer. Where the growth opportunities come is when you leave comments to what has been posted. Why? Because it continues a dialog and it allows others to see not only my perspective, but to get a glimpse of your thoughts as well. The more views that are expressed, the more ALL of us can grow.

Let me very blunt here: When you repeatedly read the posts but NEVER leave a comment, you are being selfish!! Why do I say that? Because you are getting the benefit of what I say, but you are not sharing your opinions on the thoughts being expressed. Further, when you NEVER leave a comment; that strongly suggests that you are reading this blog for the wrong reasons. Anything that is not to help us all to grow spiritually as Christian singles is the wrong reason.

Should you leave a comment every time you read a post? No. But out of all of the posts I have submitted, there are not one or two or three that you can comment on?

Should you only leave a comment when you agree with me? No. In fact when you disagree and you express your thoughts, that presents a tremendous learning opportunity for me, you and others. Why? Because although I believe my thoughts are divinely inspired, I do have my tendencies, opinions and challenges. Your disagreement may bring something to light that can benefit all of us, particularly me.

Last thing I want to say. If the reason why you read this blog is NOT to help us Christian singles to grow spiritually, then you are wasting your time. You would be better off watching “Desperate Housewives” on tv or going to the mall and buying a new pair of shoes!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the majority of your audience is female? We all know we think a little different than "you males" do(smile)...

Yes the blog is a wonderful place to lay down some things; pick up some things and throw away many things...and find you are not the only one going through some things.

Anonymous said...

How is it we ask others to give so much of themselves yet we choose to give so little; we expect others to open up their lives and publish it on a blog for the world to see and let us peek in their world and YET we are guilty of not wanting to give that which we can.

The writer is asking you to tell him your secrets and short comings yet He refuses to let us truly know his. Why should we share on the blog when it is not a dependable source and it seems as though we are simply pass time or an experiment. As much as the readers try to make a connection , it is often broken because it feels as though “man thinks so highly of themselves” …and this is call “PRIDE” and as for me I am looking for a humble and caring friend and this is how I came to Christ..

Still I agree totally with the writer, the blog is a place of sharing and I believe it has been ordain by God…therefore as for me no matter what happens to the blog I will continue to do the will of God and that is to teach and preach the word and make disciples. I will continue to allow others to peep into my life rather good or bad if it will lead someone to Christ…no matter how I feel about the writer personally, I know God has given him an extra ordinary gift of writing and it is the door to opportunity. I am only accountable for myself and to God. So as the writer states the blog is a good thing and an wonderful communication vehicle rather you want to make an personal appeal to someone or simply share the wisdom of your experiences; it is our obligation to tell how we go over …

Blogging for the right reason..
LOVE