Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What God In Her Eyes Look Like

If you have been reading these posts in order, you should see a pattern of what happens when we don’t have God in our eyes. You may recall that this series started with me reflecting on my life and my self-described bleak romantic prospects. In that first post, I suggested there was a question that has not been asked that would adequately address my seeming lack of romantic success. I further hinted that the answer to the elusive questions is “God is not in her eyes.”

To be honest, I don’t know if I will ever be able to correctly identify the right question. Maybe I am stepping all over it and don’t recognize it. Maybe the true identity of the question is not important, but the answers are.

As I understand it, here is what God in her eyes look like:


Purpose - She may not fully understand her purpose, but she is sincerely looking!! Her conversations are not endless ramblings of what she wants and what she “ain’t” going to do or put up with. Instead her self-description centers around the growing realization God’s purpose for her.

Love - She loves me not because she loves the notion of being in love. Rather, because of her understanding of her divine purpose, she loves me because loving me is the right thing to do. True love is not tainted with the poison of selfish objectives. That is, she doesn’t love me because she wants me to love her. To the contrary, she loves me because of her spirituality and because of her understanding of her purpose.

Influence - In my opinion, the greatest gift a woman can give a man is to share her gift of influence. God has given women the ability to see things us men tend to overlook or not notice. A truly spiritual woman can help her man to be the spiritual man that God intends for him to be.
Humanity - When I look in her eyes, I should be able to recognize the joy and sense of satisfaction that God felt when He said, “Let us make man.” The first thing I should NOT see is the hurt from all of the men who mistreated her or the pain from a rough childhood or whatever else life has dealt her. I want to look into someone who understands that both of us are legitimate children of God!


Hope - She hopes for what God hopes for. I do not need her to agree with me just for the sake of agreement. She understands her divine purpose and this leads to her hope for the reality of God’s will. The gift of influence combined with her sense of purpose will be expressed in a hope that I will become the man God wants me to be.

Like what you’ve read so far? You ain’t seen nothing yet!! There is a lot to see when you see God in her eyes!!

Tomorrow’s post - The Sensuality of God In Her Eyes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kevin, I love what I have read so far and on the flip side of that I too feel this is exactly my desires for God in his eyes. I know if I am patient God will give me the desires of my heart..

My desire is for you to find "the eyes of God in her" and don't settle...someone who will simply compliment that wonderful you.

Can't wait to see what's next in "The Sensuality of God In Her Eyes"...