Sunday, November 04, 2007

Not Me

All of us need some help now and then. Life comes us at fast and it can knock us for a loop. To help us make it through the rough times, Christian singles need to be willing to come to the support of each other. When I am down, hopefully you will be there to life me up. When you are down, hopefully I will be there to uplift you.

If this blog has been a source of motivation for you, then I thank God that it has had that effect for you. If because of reading my posts, you have a more spiritual view of your singleness, then I feel good that I have played a positive part. If you feel like this blog has contributed to your spiritual maturation, then I rejoice in the reality that God can even use someone like me to help you.

When you celebrate your moments of victory, look to God, not me. When you want to lift someone ‘s name in recognition for those times you have overcome, look in God’s direction, not towards me. When you are able to stand up to the threats of loneliness, depression or other negative emotions, congratulate God, not me!!

My prayer is that you will continue to become more like what God has envisioned for you to become. Should I claim any credit if this blog has helped you along that path? I think not! Each positive step you have made is an affirmation of the glory of God. He is the deliverer. He is the reason for all of our positive seasons. He is the one who should get all of the credit.

NOT ME!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree Kevin that this is not about you or me but about Him; so we should always step back and become invisible...so the character of God will come forth.

This is still a season we should give thanks and I thank God for you, His own...